Thursday, May 16, 2013

Desert Roots Farm

I just love Desert Roots Farm CSA. I stumbled upon them by accident a couple of weeks ago. I had been using Chow Locally and Bountiful Basket. Both are great but Desert Roots combines the best features of both. First the vegetables come from their own farm year round, you can add on items like bountiful basket and they deliver to your home! They deliver and it doesn't cost a fortune. Perfect when it's hard to get three little girls out of the house and contained.

The downside is that you can't skip a week but they deliver during the week so if you are out of town over the weekend it isn't a big deal.  You do have to pay upfront but you can join at anytime and the price is prorated. I'm paying $29 a week including a $6 delivery fee for a whole share. They have several pickup places throughout the valley and you would only have to pay $23 a week for a whole share. They do offer half a share as well. You will typically pay for 12 weeks per season. The veggies arrive clean and labeled in their own bags. Every week I have had lettuce for a yummy healthy salad. I've been receiving basic staples plus fun new items I would never have tried.

I simply love their add-ons! You can add on grass fed beef from JH for $7 a pound. It is .50 cents more for ground beef then I was paying from The Meat Shop but it's delivered with my veggies so one less place I have to run to. I also purchased some Gluten free bread for $7.50 from Great Harvest Breads. I did splurge and purchased some raw aged goat's cheese, Queso Blanco for $12.60 (1 pound Pkg).

They do offer one week trial membership for $30. Give them a trial, I think you will be happy.
http://www.desertrootsfarm.com/

2 comments:

  1. Even if we are not that near you, we have door-to-door delivery service to cities and areas across Arizona.
    Why Cow Share is Better than Ordering Individual Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if we are not that near you, we have door-to-door delivery service to cities and areas across Arizona.
    Cow Share Near Me: Lessons on Beef

    ReplyDelete